Department of Planning & Zoning
The Planning & Zoning Department is reponsible for the following:
- Zoning Administration and Code Enforcement Activities
- Review and Approval of Land Development and Subdivisions
- Building Permits and Inspections: Residential and Commercial
- Issuance and Inspection of On-Lot Sewage Systems
- Development and maintenance of in-house Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Production and distribution of various types of mapping
- Addressing of residential and commercial structures in accordance with Westmoreland County 911 standards
- Grading, Clearing, Excavating & Filling
- Property Liens & Lien Letters
- Point of contact for the:
- Planning Commission
- Zoning Hearing Board
This department reviews all requests for building permits, enforces Zoning Ordinance #765 and related regulations, and assists the public with questions relating to Township requirements and processes for building projects. North Huntingdon Township provides full-time building inspection and code enforcement services to insure and promote public health, safety, and welfare.
The Planning & Zoning Department guides property owners, developers and builders in land development and construction that meets the regulations, procedures and ordinances set forth by the Township. Please contact this department when planning new construction or securing a building permit for an addition or improvement to an existing residential or commercial structure.
Andrew W. Blenko
Planning & Zoning Director / Engineer
Associate Planning Director
BCO Building Inspector
Code Enforcement Officer
NOTE: If you do not use Microsoft Outlook for email you may need to cut and paste the email address into your email message in order for emails to be successfully sent and received.